This is a great way to use your zucchini when it is small, before it turns into monster zucchinis. Chris found this recipe online somewhere (I’ll see if I can track that down for a credit!) and modified it slightly to his taste. Here’s the recipe for you to enjoy!
Fresh Zucchini Salad
- 1 pound small zucchini (under 5″ long)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar (balsamic, red wine, white wine, etc.)
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- Generous amount of fresh basil, chopped (the more, the better! We used purple basil for added color)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- A couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can of chick peas or other beans (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Thinly slice zucchini into long strips. A potato peeler works well for this. Then, combine all ingredients, mix well, and serve immediately. Enjoy!