As the garden tag says…this is supposed to be a “Black Forest” Calla Lily. Apparently there was a mix-up when stuffing bulbs in bags. Kind of too bad, because the black lillies cost about twice as much as the pink ones.
I put in gladiolas two years ago, and dug the bulbs to replant the second year. It worked well – only last fall I didn’t get around to saving the bulbs for a third season. There are a bunch of little gladiolas coming up again this year though – they won’t flower (you can tell they’re first year tiny shoots, from the little corms that the bulbs make). I have a couple of Zone 9 lilies in the garden this year too – so hopefully this fall I’ll care enough to dig these all up and store the bulbs.